- Dr. Kollar has earned awards for restorative work
- We have a money-back guarantee if dental crowns fail
- Get a free consultation for many of our crown options
No matter what kind of dental damage you’ve suffered, there is a good chance we’ll be able to fix it with dental crowns and bridges in Fort Collins. That’s because a crown is an incredibly versatile dental restoration.Doctor Mark Kollar on dental crowns and bridges Read Transcript
Doctor Mark Kollar on dental crowns and bridges
Dental crowns and bridges. Bridge is a replacement for a missing tooth. If a person should not want an implant, you can connect teeth on either side of the space, and there's a tooth in between that's connected to those teeth and they’re cemented into place. Lifelike, functional, works great, good long-term solution.
Crowns, the same way. There are many different kinds of crowns, and depending on the area that you're working in, you can make choices that are appropriate for the bite, for the function. At night if there's grinding or bruxing, or the relationship of the jaws to each other, will determine the different kind of crown that might be optimal.
There are several different kinds of all-ceramic crowns that you can choose that are based on the functional criteria as well. So you can have it back all over again, just the way it was, if not even better than it was.
So we bring it back to right where it was and get it as close in color – if that's the choice that's made – as we can to the natural teeth.
In cases where we have to be exactly right on, we will have a patient visit the lab, and the ceramic technician will create a color map, and that's another step further that we can offer to get highly aesthetic crowns to the place that they need to be with respect to the natural teeth around them or the kinds of shades that the people want.
A dental crown can:
- Mend a crack or break in a tooth
- Cover cosmetic problems like stains
- Fix cavities that are too large for fillings
- Replace a missing tooth, as part of a dental bridge or when used with a dental implant
- Seal and protect a tooth following a root canal procedure
- Restore full oral functionality
Whether you need a simple tooth repair or a more complicated one, call Five Star Dental FC at 970-972-9787. Dr. Mark Kollar will likely be able to restore your smile’s appearance and function with a dental crown or dental bridge.
Our Restorative Work Is So Good, We Guarantee It
Dr. Kollar was recognized for his restorative dental work by his instructors at the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, receiving awards for both operative dentistry (restoring the form, function, and aesthetics of the hard tissues of teeth) and prosthodontics (crowns, partials, and dentures). His technique has continued to improve during his years of practicing dentistry.
Because his dental crowns are so excellent, he guarantees them! If a crown fails, he will return the fee you paid for the service. We also offer free consultations for adults who are interested in getting dental crowns on their front teeth following orthodontic treatment.
Receive the Right Dental Restoration for Your Smile
Dr. Kollar always tries to preserve as much healthy tooth structure as possible when repairing your smile. While a crown is often the right restoration, he may recommend instead:
- Tooth Filling – For small cavities, a composite tooth filling is often the best fix.
- Inlay or Onlay – While they cover more of your tooth’s surface than a filling, these restorations don’t encase your entire tooth like a crown does. We use them to mend cavities that are too large for a filling but not big enough for a crown.
- Dental Bridge – A dental bridge replaces one missing tooth or several missing teeth in a row. A bridge is attached to two crowns on either side of the gap in your smile. The crowns can be attached to your own teeth or to dental implants. Using implants means we won’t have to remove any healthy enamel to prepare teeth for crowns.
You’ll Get a Dental Crown in Two Appointments
We can usually complete your crown procedure in two appointments. At your first appointment, we’ll take several highly accurate molds (or impressions) that will be used to create your custom dental crown. We’ll also use a mold to create a temporary crown you’ll wear for about two weeks, the usual amount of time it takes to receive your restoration from a dental laboratory.
During this appointment, Dr. Kollar will also prepare your tooth by removing any decay and shaping the surface to fit your crown. Once these details are accomplished, he’ll fix your temporary crown in place with temporary cement and check your bite to ensure it’s comfortable.
At your second appointment, we’ll remove your temporary crown, clean your tooth, and place your new crown so the spacing and bite are accurate.
For dental crowns and bridges in Fort Collins, call 970-972-9787.