Missing and damaged teeth aren’t just bad for your dental health, they’re bad for your overall health too. Without full oral function, you can’t eat many healthy foods like fresh fruits and vegetables. Fortunately, restorative dentistry in Fort Collins can make it easy for you to enjoy a wide variety of foods, including the healthy ones.Doctor Mark Kollar on restorative dentistry Read Transcript
Restorative dentistry brings back a person from where they've been for whatever those circumstances might be, to a place where they're stable and able to chew and attractive at the same time. Implants do that by filling in an area where something happened, and now the function or the ability to chew in that area or the appearance of it is in need of some kind of a change, so you're really going backwards to when that tooth was there. Same with teeth nowadays – people don't remove all of their teeth usually, except for extreme circumstances. With those teeth come the pre-sealant era and the cavities that came with it in those deep grooves and the need to restore those teeth if they break or have large fillings or are less attractive, and we certainly can make all of those changes so it looks just like when those teeth grew in.
Our restorative dental treatments will:
- Enable you to easily chew food again, so you can enjoy a healthier diet
- Improve your digestion and your overall health
- Facilitate proper oral hygiene by making it easier to brush and floss your teeth
- Make your smile more attractive, giving you added confidence
- Strengthen teeth to protect them from dental issues and damage
If your teeth need repair, call Five Star Dental FC at 970-689-3282. Dr. Mark Kollar received awards for his restorative skills while in dental school and was one of the first general dentists in the U.S. to receive training in dental implant placement. No matter what kind of restorative work you need, you’re in great hands!
Choose From Several Options to Repair Cavities
No matter how big – or small – your cavities are, we have the right dental restorations to repair them. Dr. Mark Kollar has been recognized for his restorative skills and has experience performing every kind of restorative procedure, so he can help you determine which one is correct for your smile:
- Tooth Fillings – Instead of amalgam (silver metal) fillings, we use composite fillings. We can match the color of your restorations to the rest of your teeth so they blend in easily with your smile.
- Dental Crowns – A crown can be used to repair extensive dental decay. A durable dental crown can last for decades with proper care.
- Inlays or Onlays – These restorations cover more of your tooth’s surface than a filling but less than a crown. They’re a great choice for “in-between” cavities.
Restorative Dentist Can Save At-Risk Teeth
Dental crowns repair more than cavities. They can also mend cracked or broken teeth and other kinds of dental damage. Because of this, a crown can often mean the difference between losing a tooth or keeping it intact. If bacteria gets into the soft center (pulp) of your tooth and it becomes infected, you’ll need a root canal procedure to save your tooth.
Use Implants With Dental Restorations to Replace Teeth
Dental implants are one of the best choices to replace missing teeth. As one of the first general dentists in the U.S. to be trained in implant surgery, Dr. Kollar can advise you on whether implants will work for you. Depending on the restorations you use with implants, you can replace anywhere from a single tooth to all of your teeth. If you’re not sure about implants, you can choose a standard dental bridge to replace teeth instead.
No matter what kind of restorative dentistry procedure you receive, you have the option of getting dental sedation to keep you comfortable and relaxed throughout your treatment.
To find out if you’d benefit from restorative dentistry in Fort Collins, call us today at 970-689-3282.