Some people have a strong fear of the dentist, even if they are just getting their teeth cleaned. Others have no problems with routine dental care but feel nervous when getting more complicated procedures. No matter which reaction describes you, we can help with relieving dental anxiety in Fort Collins.Doctor Mark Kollar on relieving dental anxiety Read Transcript
I guess it starts with who the people are that patients work with. And the people that work with me are very intentionally chosen to be comfortable and warm and inviting, in a way that I feel is exceptional. People, when they become comfortable in their environment, their anxiety typically will become less, and along the way we can very slowly move through different kinds of treatments to build trust, if they're in need of treatment, recognizing that they are anxious and speaking to them about that, too. Demonstrating through action that we're going to be very respectful of that and not rush that process so the person is treated in the most comfortable way possible, whether that's conversation, (inaudible), oral conscious sedation, whatever's most appropriate for that person.
Our caring team will soothe your nerves by:
- Learning all of your dental anxieties so they know how to handle them
- Offering you a cup of coffee and otherwise making you feel at home in our office
- Helping you relax in our chair, with soft pillows and TV for an entertaining diversion
- Using technology like ultrasonic scalers to keep your treatment as comfortable as possible
- Providing dental sedation, if you need it
To schedule a stress-free visit to our office, call 970-972-9787.
Enjoy Peace of Mind With a Dental Guarantee & Emergency Care
It’s hard not to feel at least a little nervous about your dental treatment if you’re concerned about the quality. You don’t have to worry at Five Star Dental FC, though. Your care is in the hands of Dr. Mark Kollar, who was appointed a clinical instructor by the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry even before he graduated. We also offer a lifetime guarantee for several of our services, including:
Even if you’re usually calm at the dentist, it’s also tough not to feel anxious in a dental emergency. You’ll be able to reach Dr. Kollar even if you call outside our regular business hours; when necessary, same-day emergency care is often available.
Calm Your Nerves With Two Kinds of Sedation
We know every dental situation is different, so your anxiety level may vary as well. To ensure you’re always able to get the right level of relaxation, we offer two kinds of sedation:
- Laughing Gas – This takes the edge off with a mildly euphoric feeling. It takes effect within minutes and wears off quickly too. Since it won’t leave you feeling groggy, you can even drive yourself home.
- Oral Sedation – We can provide a safe prescription medication for a deeper and longer-lasting level of relaxation. You’ll need to arrange transportation.
Let us help you with relieving dental anxiety in Fort Collins! Call 970-972-9787 today.