At Five Star Dental FC, we use many restorative dentistry procedures to save damaged teeth. Yet sometimes dental damage is so extensive, you’ll need tooth removal in Fort Collins. Other reasons for removing teeth include preventing problems that can be caused by wisdom teeth or creating space for dental restorations.Doctor Mark Kollar on tooth removal and extractions Read Transcript
We will spend quite a bit of time discussing the choices people might have, and they go from no treatment at all to a full-on complex comprehensive care. So we spend that time so that everybody feels good at the end of treatment, and that's one of our strongest assets, is making sure we're all going in the same direction at the speed that the patient wants to go at. And we can help them in many different ways.
After all these years studying and being a member of the Academy of General Dentistry, which is dedicated to a professional lifetime of continuing education, it’s been of great interest to me to learn the many different disciplines at the level that is excellent.
So, that's where we fill in. We can do many things that give an exceptional outcome, and in the cases where maybe it's more challenged, we have specialists that will deliver to us outcomes that will help us build them something that's permanent.
No matter why you need a tooth extraction, your procedure will go smoothly with:
- Local anesthesia to thoroughly numb your mouth
- An experienced dentist who has extracted many teeth
- Two kinds of dental sedation to soothe your nerves
- Same-day emergency care, so we can quickly assess a damaged tooth
- Digital X-rays and an intraoral camera to help us evaluate your situation
If you think you may need to have a tooth removed, call us at 970-689-3282.
We’ll Prepare You for Tooth Replacement
It’s best to replace a missing tooth as soon as possible to avoid dental problems that can occur, such as bone loss and movement of surrounding teeth. We’ll perform a simple procedure called a socket graft to ensure your extraction site remains healthy and strong enough to support a replacement tooth. When you’re ready for a replacement, we’ll help you choose the one that will work best for you. Your choices include a dental implant or a dental bridge.
Treat Tooth Extraction With Care Following Your Procedure
For the quickest recovery, it’s important to encourage the formation of a blood clot. Using clean gauze we provide, you’ll want to apply gentle pressure for at least an hour. You can also dampen a black tea bag and apply it to the site. The tannic acid contained in the tea promotes clotting. Here are some other care tips:
- Apply a cold pack to reduce swelling and ease discomfort.
- Consume soft foods for a day or two, avoiding spicy substances.
- Don’t use a straw for at least 24 hours.
- Gently rinse with salt water about 12 hours after your procedure.
- Don’t brush your teeth for 24 hours, and when you do, avoid the extraction site.
For gentle tooth removal in Fort Collins, call 970-689-3282.