Plaque, the sticky film that combines with bacteria to cause tooth decay, gets everywhere in your mouth, including areas where it’s difficult to remove at home. During dental cleanings and exams in Fort Collins, we’ll remove plaque from in between your teeth, at your gumline, and from all the nooks and crannies where it can collect.
Our professional cleanings will:
- Lower your risk of gum disease and cavities
- Leave your teeth looking and feeling great
- Possibly be supplemented with preventive treatments like fluoride and dental sealants
- Use some of the latest dental technology, like an ultrasonic scaler and a laser cavity detector
To keep your teeth in their top condition, we recommend visiting us every six months for a dental exam and cleaning. To schedule an appointment, call us today at 970-689-3282. If you’re a new patient without insurance, take advantage of our special offer for a $49 exam and cleaning, complete with X-rays.
We Use Technology to Find Problems When They Are Easy to Treat
Maintaining teeth isn’t that different from maintaining a home or car. The best time to take care of problems is when they are minor and easy to treat. We use some of the latest dental technology to identify cavities and other problems in their earliest stages – and to keep problems from occurring in the first place. Our technology includes:
- Digital X-rays – These X-rays not only provide images in less time than film X-rays, but we can easily enlarge them if we need to see more detail. Since they use far less radiation, they are also better for your long-term health.
- Intraoral Cameras – This small handheld camera gives us a fast and easy way to examine your mouth. Since we can share images with you, you’ll be able to see exactly what we find.
- Laser Cavity Detector – This tool uses laser fluorescence to find cavities even before they can be seen by the naked eye.
- Ultrasonic Scaler – This tool makes your dental cleanings faster, more comfortable, and more effective. It is especially useful for the deep cleaning treatments we perform to eliminate gum disease in its early stages.
Scheduling dental cleanings and exams in Fort Collins, CO is easy. Call Five Star Dental FC at 970-689-3282. Ask for a Saturday appointment if you need one!