Dental emergencies in Fort Collins likely won’t threaten your life, but they can often endanger your teeth. With fast dental assistance, however, your smile can usually be saved! In most cases, you can get same-day care for your emergency at Five Star Dental FC. Even if you call us outside regular business hours, your call will be routed to Dr. Mark Kollar, who can provide immediate help if needed.Doctor Mark Kollar on dental emergencies Read Transcript
The emergencies can be aesthetic emergencies where a veneer came off of a front tooth, a front tooth broke off, there's been an accident, either a car accident or somebody falls on the cement. Infections that can come out of nowhere. Teeth abscess and the process of infection is starting early, and we can get to that place where people can still be comfortably treated until we can do definitive care rather than let it get worse and worse, and then it's harder to treat for the patient as well as it's harder for us to give good care. So we're very diligent about taking care of the people that come and see us, and we're very happy to do that. It makes us feel good to get people out in a place where they're back out there living again.
In dental emergencies, we will see that person the same day, usually within hours. We're also on call for patients of record, during the week as well as on the weekends. So we are going to be there when the time comes, and being a patient of record makes a difference. Oftentimes we'll waive some of the fees if it's a patient of record and the patient has been diligent about their care. If something happened, we will take that into account and many times deeply discount and occasionally not charge for people that come in with things that we can address quickly and effectively as value-add for people that are loyal to our practice.
In addition to speedy assistance, our emergency dental care includes:
- Restorative dental care to save your smile and relieve your discomfort, from root canals to dental crowns
- Advanced technology like digital X-rays and intraoral cameras for fast and accurate diagnoses
- Two kinds of dental sedation to ensure you remain relaxed in an emergency
- An experienced team who has handled just about every kind of dental emergency
- Amenities like pillows to keep you comfortable during your treatment
If you need urgent dental care, call us ASAP at 970-689-3282.
Restorative Dentistry Procedures Help You Feel Better Fast
Whether you have a broken tooth or a dental abscess, we have a restorative dentistry procedure that will relieve your pain and return your smile to health. Here is how we treat some common emergencies:
- Cavity – If you have a cavity, Dr. Kollar will repair it with the appropriate dental restoration: a filling, inlay, onlay, or crown.
- Infection – An infection not only endangers your tooth, but it can also spread elsewhere in your body. Dr. Kollar will remove infection from the center of your tooth with a root canal. He’ll finish the procedure by sealing your tooth with a dental crown.
- Cracked or Broken Tooth – Most cracks or breaks can be repaired with a crown. If a tooth is too damaged to be saved, Dr. Kollar will gently extract it.
No matter which procedure you receive, we’ll numb your mouth with local anesthesia. If necessary, you can also receive either inhaled sedation (“laughing gas”) or a safe oral sedative.
For quick and compassionate care during dental emergencies in Fort Collins, CO, call us at 970-689-3282.