- Invisalign treatment takes less time than braces
- Removable aligners make it easy to care for teeth
- Smile confidently with invisible aligners
Many adults with crooked teeth would like a more attractive smile and better-functioning bite – but they don’t want to spend long months wearing the unsightly metal braces they remember from middle school and high school. With Invisalign in Fort Collins, you can get a great smile wearing clear plastic aligners instead of braces.Doctor Mark Kollar on Invisalign Read Transcript
Straightening your teeth can happen at any age. People might think that that's only something that can be done when you're younger, but teeth will move at any age.
Invisalign is a brand name like Kleenex. It's more generically referred to as aligners. They're very super-thin, clear plastic trays that are computer-designed to allow tooth movement a little bit at a time. So you may have five different trays that ever so slightly move the teeth, and you wear them all day or you wear them at night or a couple of hours during the day instead of at night. Depending on how much you wear them, the teeth will move.
It won't treat every case that's out there. It depends on how much movement needs to happen, but minor movements without a lot of rotation or teeth grossly out of position, it works very effectively, and people have control over the rate at which that changes, and you obviously don't have the hardware in your mouth to contend with over that period of time. So it's very comfortable to do, and the results are very impressive.
Invisalign or aligners are very discreet. You can have a conversation with someone and most likely not know that they're wearing their Invisalign or aligner appliances. They're about six-thousandths of an inch thick, semi-rigid material, form-fit under pressure to your teeth, and then trimmed to match the natural architecture of your mouth. Very comfortable to wear, easy to speak with, and can be worn without notice. And very comfortably. People are very happy with it.
Compared to braces, Invisalign aligners are:
- Easier to Wear – With no metal wires and bulky brackets to rub against your mouth and gums, orthodontic aligners are more comfortable than braces.
- More Convenient – You’ll need fewer visits to our office during your Invisalign treatment and no uncomfortable adjustments. You just wear each aligner about two weeks, then move to the next one.
- Quicker to Show Results – The average Invisalign treatment time for adults is 12 months, which is several months less than most people spend in braces.
- Easier to Maintain – Since Invisalign aligners are removable, you can take them out for meals and for oral hygiene. This makes it easier to keep your teeth clean and cavity-free during your orthodontic treatment.
Customized Aligners Make Invisalign Treatment Easy
Given our use of advanced dental technology, it’s no wonder we offer Invisalign treatment. It’s more precise than metal braces because we use impressions of your teeth and special 3D software to design a personalized series of aligners for you. The aligners are manufactured at a special Invisalign lab.
You wear each aligner about two weeks or as directed, then switch to the next one in the series. You check in with us about every six weeks so we can check your progress. At the end of treatment, which takes an average of 12 months for adults, you’ll have a straight and well-aligned smile! You may want to further transform your look with cosmetic dental treatments. Ask us about your options, including teeth whitening and Juvederm.
Interested in Invisalign in Fort Collins? Call Five Star Dental FC at 970-972-9787 to schedule a consultation.