- Smile flaws will vanish with veneers
- Porcelain veneers look terrific for many years
- We work closely with you to get the look you want
Dental veneers in Fort Collins are thin pieces of porcelain, generally no larger than a pinky nail. Yet they make a huge impact on your smile. Veneers are so versatile that they can be used to change the shape, color, and size of your teeth. Dr. Mark Kollar will work closely with you to ensure you get the appearance you want.Doctor Mark Kollar on dental veneers Read Transcript
Well, most people will come in, and they're attractive to start with. They just want to enhance what they already have. That's what veneers do. They enhance what you've already got, and makes subtle or not-sosubtle changes. It kind of rolls back the clock in time to a time where maybe everything worked out perfectly.
With the presentation being good to start with, to take it a little bit further for people that have that interest, it's a life-changer. People are delighted in the results for many different reasons, often having waited a long time for their turn, after the kids have had all their treatment done. It's their turn to finally get in and make it look the way that they've always wanted to look. That's very fulfilling for the people doing it, as well as us.
A veneer can fix teeth that are orthodontically challenged. They may be out of position a lot. They might be out of position a little bit. Veneers can make those corrections and line up the teeth without 24 months of treatment. Now, veneers can also be used in combination with aligners or Invisalign-like aligners to enhance the outcome of the teeth should they be aligned in a way that's suboptimum.
Also, certainly the color ... you can choose and have that color for life. Lots of people are happy to see a particular color of their smile and know that that's the way it's going to be, for as long as they need them to be that color. That part is very exciting.
Porcelain veneers will:
- Look Great for Many Years – Porcelain is not only beautiful but durable too. It resists staining, so your veneers will look great for many years.
- Conceal a Wide Variety of Flaws – Veneers can hide chips, stains, cracks, uneven edges, and worn teeth. They are sometimes called “instant orthodontics” because they can conceal minor misalignment and small gaps between teeth.
- Require Minimal Alteration of Teeth – Veneers require less alteration of healthy tooth structure than dental crowns.
- Improve Your Teeth’s Condition – When applied to the front surfaces of teeth, veneers strengthen them and make them less prone to chipping or cracking.
To see how this cosmetic dental treatment can transform your smile, call 970-972-9787 today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Kollar. For your scheduling convenience, we even offer Saturday appointments by request.
Veneers Can Improve Your Smile in Just Two Appointments
You can receive your veneers in as few as two visits to our office. During the first appointment, Dr. Kollar will work with you to design the veneers so your smile reflects your personal taste and aesthetic preferences. He’ll also select a shade that perfectly matches your natural teeth. He’ll remove a tiny amount of enamel to prepare your teeth for your restorations, then he’ll take careful impressions of your teeth. The impressions are sent to a dental laboratory where your custom veneers are made. You’ll receive temporary veneers to wear until the final restorations arrive.
When we receive the veneers from the lab, you’ll return to our office. We’ll ensure they look great and fit comfortably, without altering your bite, before securely affixing them to your teeth.
Keep Your Teeth Veneers Looking Great
Dr. Kollar will advise you on how to care for your veneers so they’ll look great for years. To avoid scratching veneers, you’ll want to choose a soft-bristled toothbrush and a non-abrasive toothpaste. Avoid pastes with hydrogen peroxide and/or baking soda. Be careful not to brush too hard, especially around the gums, where overly vigorous brushing can cause gums to recede over time.
Some other tips:
- Don’t chew on ice or other hard objects.
- Don’t use teeth as a tool, such as for opening containers.
- If you play sports, wear a mouthguard to protect your teeth.
- If you grind teeth in your sleep, get a nightguard.
- Rinse your mouth with water after drinking coffee or consuming other staining substances.
Interested in dental veneers in Fort Collins? Call Five Star Dental FC at 970-972-9787. You’ll find our office at 2032 Lowe St. in ZIP code 80525, easily accessible from South Timberline Road and near the Prospect Ponds Natural Area.